Legends of the Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Letters

Go down

The Letters Empty The Letters

Post by Cedahlia Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Addressed to Nox.

Nox, I hope this letter finds you well. Lucian informed me recently of what you have done for me. I cannot begin to express my gratitude. Nor my surprise. A favor from Lucian is a very valuable and rare thing. That you used it on my well being is very touching. I had wished to say all of this to you in person but given my current situation, it does not look like that will be possible for some time. So all I can really hope now is that you will read this. Arceus knows you have no reason to pay me any mind but I can't help but think that you will given what you did for me.

I won't ask for you to forgive what was done to you by my mother and our father. You were an innocent and undeserving of the treatment that you got. I often thought of you growing up but mother would never allow me to reach out to you. It's one of the many reasons why we no longer have a relationship.

You can imagine my surprise when you started working for Lucian as well. I wasn't sure at first that it was you. Once I confirmed it, I agonized for days over what to say to you. Days turned to weeks which turned to months. I never could get up the courage to just walk up to you and say hi. I hope you can forgive my cowardice one day. I never meant to hurt you with that, as I'm sure I did.

I'll understand if you have no desire for a relationship with me after all of these years. But I hope that I can in some way make up for the time lost and the pain we all caused you.

Your brother,
Gaius.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

https://legendsoftheshade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Letters Empty Re: The Letters

Post by Cedahlia Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Gaius,

I'm so happy to hear that you are somewhere safe and being looked after. Even more so that Lucian has delivered his favour. Don't worry about the letter thing, I understand. Until it's safe, I am comfortable with words written by you on paper.

As for it being a rare and valuable thing, so is your life. Lucian knows that considering he brought you back from your suicide attempt. I have need for very little when it comes to possession, my life is very simple and I like it that way. So doing something for someone else with it, seemed the write thing to do.

I won't ever forgive them for what they did. There is no amount of apologies they could give me that would repair the damage they have done. I have always known that you played no part in it, but it was always the silence after that hurt me the most.

I understand that she stopped you from reaching out, but as you have proven now, where there is a will there is a way. Don't worry about working towards making up for what they did, that isn't your job. That's not on you. But work on what we should have had from the start.

I always thought she had twisted things so that you had hated me as well as her. But I'm very happy to hear that she has not.

I am not the warmest of people and I sometimes struggle with the words I should say, so if I come across as harsh or uncaring that is far from truth.

Again, I am very happy to hear you are safe, are you all healed? What is it like with Zekrom and Reshiram?

Also your brother,

Nox.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:45 pm

Nox,

I am very nearly healed. Some of the wounds have proven to be stubborn. Mireya, the healer, says that they will take a few sessions to heal completely. I am much better now in body than I was when you walked in on me that day. I can look at myself in the mirror without wincing now.

Life with Reshiram (Jiyong) and Zekrom (Taeyang) is interesting to say the least. There is never a dull moment. Jiyong is very reserved but comes out of his shell often when with his girlfriend, Mandisa. She is a zorua and very mischievous. I think he mentioned that she was born human? I am not sure on the story there yet.

I spend most of my time with Taeyang as he is the only one that Yveltal fears. He is not serious at all. I've yet to see it if he even can act such. I remember the stories of pranks that Lucian used to tell me. He certainly lives up to his reputation. It's actually refreshing. Everyone we work with is serious. It's a nice change.

Life is still a lot quieter now that I serve Lucian from afar. I have more time than I know what to do with. I'm hoping they'll give me some task to help them with soon when I am healed enough.

How are things with you? I know that you guard Lucian's daughter, Dusk. She's one of the nicer of his children. Is she treating you well?

-Gaius
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Dear Gaius,

I'd love to see your progress, I will have to settle with words. Maybe some pictures of you being happy with your new family are possible? I hope they're taking care of you well, but as they're related to Lucian I can't doubt them as much as I might like too.

Reshiram was always the quieter more reserved of the two, so it doesn't surprise me. It's nice that he has a girlfriend and they have mischief and mayhem. I hope, as a fox you get yourself involved as often as you feel able? Tell me the foxy tales of mischief and silliness.

Is refreshing a good thing though? Or is that he is so rarely serious a good thing in comparison to Yveltal? I am not one for loud people myself, but I am sure he is a welcome change for you and will make you laugh and smile, which I think you need. Laughter is some of the very best medicine, so encourage him to be as silly as you need.

If you require a task, I can give you one. I want you to heal fully, not just of body but of mind. Now that you've asked me to be part of your life, it would be a shame and a terrible heartache for me if you should decide it was still too much sometimes and tried to take your life again. Let's not waste this second chance we've been given.

Dusk is very sweet and happy. Very bubbly and social, while I am not. She is very tolerant of my anti-social behaviours and how awkward I get over some things. I enjoy being her knight, it's different to my old job. But it is more rewarding, as everyday I get thanked and told I am appreciated, which is a new thing for me. It's healing older wounds left by our parents and easing my paranoia over not being good enough.

So I would assume that that means that things are good, am I right? *Insert poorly drawn smiley face of fail*

Nox

P.S I have never written, nor received letters before. So I hope I'm doing okay at it, I had been tempted to ask Dusk for help, but then two people would know how terrible I am at communicating.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum