Legends of the Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mysterious M! 13 Days Left

2 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Mysterious M! 13 Days Left - Page 15 Empty Re: The Mysterious M! 13 Days Left

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 pm

"Still looking," Lullaby said. There wasn't an exceptionally large amount of dark fiends who attended the school compared to some of the other elements, but there was still enough for her to take a few minutes to go through. "Found them," she said finally and pointed to a name on the list.

Trent took the phone and looked at the name that Lullaby had selected. "Marisol..."

"What?" Bryna asked in surprise. Not only was M apparently not a man but was also one of the people in class that she really hadn't noticed before. "But she's so unassuming..."

"It's always the quiet ones you have to look out for," Trent said. "Still waters run deep and all that."

Athy

Back to top Go down

The Mysterious M! 13 Days Left - Page 15 Empty Re: The Mysterious M! 13 Days Left

"it never is," Nel said then, small memories of Marisol coming to her mind. Bumping into each other in the halls, lending each other pens. Just small things. "She's totally shy too? Like she struggles to verbally communicate. Are you sure?"

"Braxton wouldn't make you a faulty gift. Shh, don't be rude..." Wolf said and nudged Nel playfully.

"No, sorry I'm just surprised. Not that M is a girl, but Marisol? That's almost laughable." Nel said.

"I'm surprised it's a girl." Wolf said then, "show of hands on who's surprised.'

ɑϮɦʏ

Athy

Back to top Go down

Bryna's hand went up. Even Trent, though he was clearly only playing along because of Nel. He did not very often volunteer for silly things.

Braxton did not raise his hand. So apparently he wasn't actually surprised by this turn of events.

And Lullaby, who hadn't known much about M to begin with other than that she was supposed to protect the girls from them, couldn't well be all that surprised. She only smiled.

"I'm more surprised that someone as obviously unfit to be at that school made it past the vetting system," Trent said. "I'm going to have to do something about that..."

Athy

Back to top Go down

"You should work with glory on that. We were saying before about a psychological assessment by a psychic person, or fiend would be best." Nel said, because her entire group had of course discussed it.

"I mean, yeah. That's surprising. But UP is starting to get a record." Wolf pointed out. So they needed a better system.

ɑϮɦʏ

Athy

Back to top Go down

"I'll talk to Gaius and Glory about it and figure out something. Obviously the system isn't working if someone like her can get into the school and cause this much havoc while going unnoticed."

Bryna didn't need to be told that though. She'd had her own fun little experience with fiends getting through who shouldn't even be there or around others at all.

"What should I do now?" Lullaby asked. She'd identified the mysterious M but there was obviously going to be a next step.

Braxton didn't say though because Lullaby belonged to the girls. It was on them to decide what they wanted her to do.

Athy

Back to top Go down

"I guess if she shows up, you need to make sure she can't hurt any one. But don't kill her." Nel said, it was somehow worse knowing Marisol's past and her gender.

"Right, if I'm not here. That's a good bet." Wolf said, because you know, he could easily make her calm her tits. Barking orders worked well.

ɑϮɦʏ

Athy

Back to top Go down

Bryna was uncomfortable because she knew that Nel was starting to sympathize with Marisol now that she knew she was a girl with a traumatic past. She was like them. Except they hadn't gone off the deep end and become a serial killer.

"Don't kill her. Just disable her. Got it," Lullaby said happily.

"We still need to figure out what her next move is going to be," Braxton said. "Now that we know who she is..." He really had to think about it. But while he was completely off in the head, he wasn't as off as other people around him. But he did know what they would do if they ever snapped.

Athy

Back to top Go down

"obviously she is going to try and find out where Nel is," Wolf said, he wondered if she could just know. "Everybody has to stop thinking about where they are. You especially Nel."

"Okay, I am on a beach somewhere in Mexico and she can't get to me that fast. Right?" Nel said.

"Wrong! Some psychics can teleport. I don't know about Marisol's fiend type." Wolf said he wasn't that big of a nerd. That was Drake.

ɑϮɦʏ

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:04 pm

"Marisol is a Malamar," Lullaby supplied with a smile.

"Okay, hold on," Bryna said. "We learned in school that psychics can't hear the thoughts of dark fiends. So how would she be able to find us based on our thoughts? She shouldn't be able to read them."

"Malamar is dark and psychic so they break the usual rules because they're not weak to dark like most psychics are," Braxton supplied.

"So she can read any of our minds?" Bryna asked. She did not like that. At all.

"Probably all except for Lullaby here," Braxton said.

Athy

Back to top Go down

"Think of gross things." Nel said suddenly and grabbed her face. The idea that M had been in her mind this whole time was so wrong.

"Okay, so we need to fix this quick, you know? I can't deal with that." Wolf said, but he also didn't know range. "does she need to be close? Or can she focus on someone regardless of where they are?"

ɑϮɦʏ

Athy

Back to top Go down

"There's too many different factors," Braxton said. "Experience, age and ability all factor into range. With her level of obsession with Nel, she might even be able to focus in on her even with a further range, especially if she possesses something that gives her a physical connection, like something Nel owned or touched."

Athy

Back to top Go down

"I've lent her things to help out at school..." nel said quietly, she hadn't known what kind of fiend Marisol was so she hadn't known.

ɑϮɦʏ

Athy

Back to top Go down

"That would be enough," Braxton said.

"So it's too late?" Bryna asked. "She knows where Nel is?"

"Probaby," Braxton said. "But this place wouldn't be easy to enter regardless. And even if she did manage, as nothing is impossible, she'd have a hard time with all the safety measures." He looked at her picture for a moment. "I'll have that sent to the staff. She's not a shapeshifter or face changer. They'll recognize her if they see her on the grounds."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Nel was quiet as she was trying to actively not think of anything. Nothing. She didn't want to make Marisol suddenly very angry. But then the realisation sunk in. It was too late for that, wasn't it? "Cullen!" She gasped very suddenly.

"He stayed back in Braxton's workshop," Wolf said, but as soon as he finished Nel vanished into the darkness. "You're welcome," he muttered to himself, but he looked at the others. "We should probably follow."

"You think?" Liron said then, because yeah. No this wasn't good, he turned into a cat and bolted back towards the room.

"Oh, Cullen, you're okay." Nel said then as she stepped into the workshop, but the door was open and a dark ominous looking hooded person was stood inside it. Her body was visibly shaking with anger and when Nel moved her hands went up and Nel paused, scared that she would cause the girl to lash out. "Marisol? Is that you?"

Suddenly the girl stormed forward towards them both and Nel flinched, which caused Marisol to pause. "Of all the people to flinch for, it is me?" She asked then, clearly unravelling inside her mind. "You'd rather this siren? He may love you, but he doesn't like you. Not like I do."

"He doesn't even know me yet, so that's really okay, Marisol. But you're right." Nel said then, trying to pander to her audience, if she let her believe in her delusion she would be a lot easier to control, surely. She saw that on tv all the time.

"I am?" Marisol said then and looked at Nel for a long time. But she was psychic. "No!" She said then, her anger returning. "You can't lie to me, darkest one." She said and threw a move at Cullen in her rage, one called foul play which used his own power against him to hurt.

"Stop!" Wolf yelled as he got to the girl, but it was too late and the attack had already happened. It all happened so fast, that Wolf didn't see what happened, because he had barked commands at Marisol, telling her to kneel down and look at the floor and only the floor, to not use her powers against anyone in the nearby vicinity and to not talk until spoken too.

It wasn't until he looked up that he saw Nel was on the floor, she'd been thrown into the bookshelf that Braxton had used for the parts on Lullaby, causing some of the jars to smash and break. It was a mess, but Cullen stood perfectly as he had been. He had not been hit.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Bryna took a breath. She felt like she'd nearly had a heart attack just then. She raced forward, well out of M's reach just in case, and went to Nel.

She was quickly followed by Lullaby, who helped to get all the nasty things that had broken off of Nel and then with Bryna's assistance helped her to stand.

"Are you okay?" Bryna asked. "Oh your hair!"

Trent, as a cat, appeared next to Wolf. He sniffed Marisol and then made a face of utter disgust. Ew. Nasty ass fish creature.

Cullen took a breath and then quickly went to help Bryna and the doll with Nel.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

https://legendsoftheshade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Nel was a bit shaken, but she wasn't hurt massively. A couple of scratches, but mostly she was covered in nasty goo. "I'm okay, I think." She said then and looked at each of them making sure they were okay, that M hadn't hurt them too. "Wait what happened to my hair?!?" She nearly screamed.

Wolf facepalmed and leaned against the wall with a sigh, because his heart was going to burst through his chest. Nel or someone else could have been quite seriously hurt. "You're not impressed by her?" he said and laughed then at Trent.

M stayed on her knees on the floor. Waiting for someone to release her or to talk to her something. Anything. But she would have to wait.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 pm

"Well...Um...it's not bad," Bryna said, staring at her hair.

"There's a long white streak going through the front," Lullaby said. "It's actually quite nice. Like a fascinator, but for your hair."

Cullen did not comment. He just kicked away some broken jars so the girls didn't step on them. Or trip.

"No," Trent said with a scoff. "She smells like rotten Calamari. I get being a complete psycho but hygiene, woman." He shook his violet head and sat down close to Wolf's feet.

Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Nel just... Nope. She didn't know what to do with that in all honesty. Not until she saw it. "Are you guys okay?" She said then and realised that the collision into the shelf is what had hurt her and not M's attack. "Oh my God, Braxton that was so very 'Charmed' of M to throw me into that shelf and break it like that. I'm so sorry."

"Why would you apologise to him? The delusional man who believes he makes no less effort with you than Bryna," M said then and started to laugh.

"Shut up," Wolf said then because you know, M didn't need to be twisting more things for Nel. He put power into the words so that she couldn't disobey again.

"Because this is home, M. Where his children live and because of me they were put at risk, because you are mentally ill and need help." Nel said then, shaking her head. Something had cleared in her mind and all the things M had said about her friends didn't matter any more.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:09 pm

"Don't worry about it, Nel," Braxton said with a dismissive hand wave, like he wasn't the least bit concerned. "The shelf. Not this," he said with mild venom, clearly meaning Marisol. "I can always have another one made. It's no problem."

"Charmed?" Lullaby asked, confused. She didn't know that reference.

"Oh, it's an old tv show about three sister witches," Bryna said.

Trent really didn't care about old tv shows. "So...what are we doing with...her?" he asked, still snarling as he spoke about M. He was asking Wolf.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Wolf just shrugged, "I think Nel should decide. I mean, she was torturing her this entire time." He just thought that was the right thing to do.

"I obviously want M gone, for good. Permanently. She's caused a lot of trouble for all of us," Nel said but made a noise when Wolf went to comply, making him pause. "But I think Marisol deserves a second chance. So she needs to go somewhere they can help her."

Wolf growled, like he really hated that he didn't get to kill a bitch today. He looked down at Trent questioningly.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Trent's tail swished sharply back and forth on Braxton's expensive floor. He was very clearly not a happy kitty. His ears were pressed almost flat as he looked at Marisol. His paws twitched, exposing his claws, as if considering raking then across her face.

Cats of cruelty. That was his kind. He was not naturally inclined to agree with Nel. His furry body briefly quivered with internal rage at the kill order being halted.

But then he took a long breath. "I know the value of second chances for wretched little fuck ups," he reluctantly said through clenched teeth.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:40 pm

"Hey," Nel said then, thinking he was talking of himself and she wasn't for it. "Wolf tell him he can't talk down about himself any more."

"I am not breaking his trust because he's emo sometimes. Just love him anyway," Wolf said with an unhappy grunt as he grabbed marisol roughly by her hoodie and carted her through the darkness to find a hospital.

Nel went over to Trent and hugged on him. She knew that had been hard for him to let go after he admitted he thought of her like a little sister. Triggering. "You're not a wretched fuck up."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Trent narrowed his golden eyes. "I was mostly referring to the calamari," he said, not bothered. He was not pleased that she still breathed but at least Wolf had removed her from the room.

"Do you think we have the money to put her up in the kind of high level asylum she'll require?" Bryna asked quietly. She might have inherited a lot of money from her late "father" But not that kind of money.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:30 am

"Mostly." Nel agreed, but she wasn't stupid. She knew things. She looked at Bryna then. "Well I'm not poor, neither is Wolf. We're not poor. Together as a family but I don't expect you or Wolf to pay for it, I'll work and try and keep on top of it."

"No one said you had to expect it. But you really should have. I don't believe that either of them will let that fly..." Liron said innocently then. But he also knew Bryna and Wolf too well.

"I am not obligated to help, but I know a thing or three about madness and where I would be without the helps of the monks in the temple of mew." Kurogane said then, "they had never once asked me for money, only simply to pay it forward one day so I will cover any and all costs of her treatment and her stay in her new home." He said in a way that meant no one got to argue, no one even got to protest quietly, to breathe too loudly even.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 am

"Oh but..." Bryna's protests died as quickly as they surfaced because Kuro was a scary looking ninja and while she was used to the creepy and dark, she still wasn't used to him yet. So she shushed right up.

"Aren't you kind," Braxton commented, in a way that didn't really suggest if he approved or disproved. He may merely not have cared as he certainly wasn't going to pay for M's treatment. Not because he didn't care about their wishes but because he didn't much like anyone who infiltrated his home and attacked one of his close friends.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next