Legends of the Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Boy and his Dragon

2 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

A Boy and his Dragon - Page 5 Empty Re: A Boy and his Dragon

Post by Cedahlia Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:00 pm

"Yes, that would help," Jiro said. Again he heard something move in the darkness. He pointed his flashlight into one of the offices. He heard leaves and paper rustle and then still.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

https://legendsoftheshade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm

"Okay, Jiro." Tan said, he moved his flashlight too, but he didn't see anything yet. He looked around as the wind picked up outside, he heard the creaking, straining sounds of the windmills blades tried to move. But old and rusted as they were, it was a slow process.

"Here," Tan said and grabbed Jiro around the waist and tucked him against his body and held on tight. The wind managed to get into the place they were searching, old as it was, it was barely protection against the strength of wind he had to use. It whipped his hair around his face viciously, his clothes flapped loudly and the walls shook.

But finally, the groaning sound of the blades finally stopped and it moved easier as leaves and twigs flew around the room. He slowed the wind, to slightly stronger than a breeze and lifted his flashlight.

To reveal a tree stump looking fiend with a long pinocchio type nose. "What's that?" He asked curiously, having never seen one.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Jiro follow the shafts of light to the strange looking fiend hidden among all the foliage. "Tengu," he whispered. Not that it mattered. Such creatures could read minds. They were also aggressive. Most fiends were though. Territorial and the like.

The creature didn't like being discovered. It's little eyes narrowed against the sudden harsh light and it hissed, a sound a tree bark being broken and crunched. Wind filled the room they were in once more as the creature attempted to blast them away. Leaves suddenly lyrics became weapons that cut at skin and cloth.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 pm

"Whoa," Tan said, pushing Jiro behind him. He coukd be cut, but he would heal easier than his boy would. He wasn't for that.

Fire. Grass types didn't like fire, right? Right! He took a deep breath in and focused on trying to summon the fire that he as a dragon had. He let out the breath, forcefully shooting it out in the direction of the Tengu.

But instead of fire, he sprayed water. Everywhere. And because of the wind from the other fiend, not only did he drown the Tengu but him and Jiro too.

"Welp! "

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Jiro spluttered at the sudden water in his face. He felt immediately cold now that he was soaked and the wind was not helping that at all. The Tengu seemed momentarily confused by suddenly being soaked in water but he wasn't hurt.  He took only a moment to recover from that surprise before attacking again.

Tan and Jiro were thrown back into the wall away from the Tengu. Jiro could smell blood. It was a faint smell but it filled his nose. He moved his head to try to escape it but to no avail. Blood. It meant danger. And now that the clock was counting down the months until Drake's return, Jiro's abilities were unlocking.

In danger, he was able to revert. It had not happened on the roof to his recollection. It happened now. Black streaks interrupted the solid white of his hair. His blue eyes turned to red. His memories did not return fully, highly limited to save the sanity of his mind. But the knowledge was there, the memories that served useful in the situation were as well.

The darkness in the room became more intense and heavy as if suddenly alive with purpose and power. A shadow creeper across the floor away from the absol boy. It traveled up the body of the Tengu, wrapping around his neck and tightening. The onslaught of wind stopped immediately as the creature struggled against the shapeless and completely intangible mass choking the air from its throat.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:18 pm

"...." Tan's mouth dropped open, forming a perfect 'o'. He literally hadn't expected that. But the way Jiro looked now, seemed vaguely familiar to him. Like someone from a dream when he was small. He didn't really doubt that his parents had really sent him to the Jiro of their childhood in this moment.

He just knew.

"Jiro..." He said, clearly surprised by what was happening. Confused, too.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 pm

"It's okay," Jiro said as he looked at the shocked dragon. "It can still target you," he cautioned. He motioned for the teen to stay against the wall and crossed the distance to the still struggling tengu.

The creature made a sound like the crunching of leaves by a child's overenthusiastic heavy boots. The darkness in the room grew more oppressive and the creature stilled as if suddenly afraid. Jiro knelt in front of it. "What lies within your heart that you would stay here and encase such a place as this in unending dark and stillness?" he asked and pressed his palm against the bark of the tengu's body.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Tan stayed where Jiro put him. He didn't fight it. He just watched, confused and utterly surprised. He didn't know what to do, he was supposed to protect Jiro, but Jiro was protecting him.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Jiro paid little mind to the confused dragon. A scythe appeared in his hand as he stood up. It was swiftly brought down, splitting the tengu in half. The two halves just stayed there for a moment and then the entire creature dissolved into black smoke that dissipated in the air.

When the creature was truly gone, the scythe vanished into black smoke as well and Jiro turned to face Tan. "Are you injured?"
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:29 pm

"I don't know." Tan said honestly, he couldn't remember right now. He couldn't even figure out what had happened. "Am I?" He asked, because yeah. His brain was not functioning. "Do you...do you remember me?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:31 pm

"I know who you are," Jiro replied. "I do not have any of my memories but my knowledge remains intact." He walked over to Tan and looked him over. "Minor scratches. You'll heal quickly when returned to the pond."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:27 pm

"I don't get it. I thought you were doing something important, that was why you left us right?" Tan asked, stepping backwards. This Jiro was a Jiro he knew, but not nearly as well as the younger version and he was still learning his personality too. He was just being cautious. "But you're not doing that. You're...just...endangering yourself. Why? Why was that more important than family?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 pm

"You think this mission simply for danger?" Jiro asked, his red eyes never leaving Tan's face. "The man who will one day become my master will come to this forest where he will be transported to the past. If that is to happen, no creature of wicked heart and intent can take root here. No danger can be present to stand in his way."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:35 pm

"So you have to take out all the danger? If he's so special, can't he do it himself? If there's nothing in the forest, why would he come at all?" Tan said, because he knew that Drake was a hunter of bad things. He had been explained all of this before he'd left. He knew. "You take away the danger, you make it too nice, you take away his reason for visiting. Be careful, you've all worked too hard and sacrificed too much."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:41 pm

"There's one danger in this forest I cannot touch," Jiro said. "And there are other dangers that will come soon. I take away only that which would keep him from the Adamant Orb in the forest shrine." And the tengu, a creative that was very protective of the forest, would do just that.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:49 pm

"How long until he comes back to you?" Tan asked, he realised he wouldn't be needed then. He'd be pretty much useless. "Will you send me home then?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:51 pm

"No, I will not send you away," Jiro replied. "You were sent to me to protect me? I have no need for protection. My abilities are still my own and I have full use of them. Though without the knowledge I cannot wield them as successfully..." Hence why he'd needed to revert. "But I am lonely on my own and I could use a companion. It will be two years yet until he returns. But even then, if you should wish to stay and it is allowed, then I would be happy for your company."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:58 pm

"I'm here to look after you, mentally and physically. So yeah, sometimes protect you." Tan said, he would look after the younger Jiro with things that didn't cause him to revert back.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:01 pm

"Is that what you want to do?" Jiro asked curiously. "Or is that what they've told you to do?" Not that he remembered exactly who they were. Tan's parents. He knew what they were and what they had been. But they meant nothing to him. No faces. No memories. He knew that they were supposed to and he was not bothered. It would return with time.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:04 pm

"Both. You were important to me once." Tan shrugged, but he felt a little weirded out right now. Like he really wanted to go talk to his dad about it and be like wtf???? But he didn't think that would get him anywhere. "And if your mission is really that important then help can't be a bad thing, right?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:07 pm

"No. Do not take my words wrong. I am not opposed to your help," Jiro said. He turned his head and listened to the sounds that the wind carried to him. "We're not finished here. The lost souls must be free to wander and they must still be found." He looked back at Tan. "You're looking for a balloon, by the way."

He closed his eyes. The darkness in the room lightened and became less oppressive. The black in his hair faded away and when he opened his eyes again, they were blue.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:10 pm

"..." Tan just watched that happen. But then he remembered the balloon out front. "We need to go find that balloon again I think," he said to Jiro.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 pm

"Balloon?" Jiro asked. He looked confused. He turned behind him but the tengu was gone. Strange. He looked back at Tan. "I think there was a purple one attached to one of the fallen windmills."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 pm

"There was. Let's go free it?" Tan said, he didn't think that young Jiro was ready to understand any of those things. So he wasn't going to mention it or explain.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Young Jiro was not and telling him would have caused more confusion for the magic rejected anything that could easily override it too early. Anything but danger, that is.

Jiro turned around and headed for the door. It had become stuck with the onslaught of wind from the tengu but pulled open with a hard tug. Wind smacked against Jiro's face and caused his hair to go wild. He squinted against it, stepping outside and searching for the balloon. He could hear it but where was it?
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next